30 Jan Opportunity Round-Up
Calling all startups, SMEs, and social enterprises dedicated to developing digital innovations that mitigate the impact of humanitarian crises! If you’re working on solutions that address pressing challenges, consider applying for the GSMA Innovation Fund for Humanitarian Challenges.
Don’t miss the opportunity – applications close on February 12, 2024
Gen F Entrepreneur In Residence Venture Design Studio integrates the venture studio and VC models, offering both investment and hands-on support for early-stage founders dedicated to developing local solutions for local challenges.
Chosen startups will benefit from $250,000 in seed funding, as well as specialized support services encompassing product development, UX/UI, data science, engineering, business development, and growth marketing. Beyond financial support, selected entrepreneurs will gain access to distribution channels, customer acquisition opportunities, pilot programs, data resources, intellectual property, and expertise facilitated by corporate investors.
The application process operates on a rolling basis, meaning applications are continuously open. If you are a visionary founder working on solutions for local challenges, seize the opportunity to join Gen F Entrepreneur In Residence Venture Design Studio and bring your innovative ideas to life.
Apply here: https://bit.ly/3SgTIfo
Applications Open for the 2024 Mastercard Foundation EdTech Fellowship Program
Injini is pleased to let you know that applications for the 2024 Mastercard Foundation EdTech Fellowship Program have officially opened!
This initiative empowers eligible start-ups with direct grant funding, product quality evaluation, intensive skills development, coaching, mentorship, bespoke market research, and market access.
The 2024 program will offer:
- Dedicated support from specialists in education innovation, fundraising, impact M&E, commerce, and more.
- Pedagogical evaluation and certification by EdTech Impact and Education Alliance Finland.
- Customised market research support from Injini’s team of education innovation researchers.
- “Sponsored Skills” to rapidly meet team needs, produce targeted outputs, and bolster your long-term business success with external consultants.
- Networking, knowledge-sharing, and learning opportunities with key ecosystem contributors and industry experts.
- Access to a selection of courses and office hours from the Human-Computer Interaction Institute faculty members at Carnegie Mellon University – a world leader in education technology and applied learning sciences.
- The chance to contribute to a growing body of evidence documenting “what works” in African EdTech.
- Equity-free venture funding exceeding R1,000,000.
The South African cohort of start-ups that participated in the 2023 Fellowship surpassed expectations in their outreach, reaching over 1.9 million new learners during the acceleration period. The program set the Fellows up for notable sales growth, profit, and funding opportunities. Collaboration proved to be a cornerstone in the Fellowship, with strategic partnerships cultivated, new relationships facilitated by the Mastercard Foundation, and meaningful cooperation fostered among Fellows. Crucially, significant impact was observed on specific demographic groups, including persons with disabilities, young people, women and girls, and rural communities.
Still not convinced?
Take a listen to these testimonials from the first cohort.
Applications close on 13 February 2024.
Click here for further information. For additional inquiries about the Fellowship, consider joining our virtual Q&A sessions on January 26 and February 6. Joining links will be shared via Injini’s social media channels on LinkedIn, Facebook and X, as well as via their mailing list.