06 Feb Who owns the content created by ChatGPT?
Food for Thought
Suppose you decided to use ChatGPT to create your next social media post. Who owns the content? You do! (Or your employer in certain situations)
Even though you own the output, you are restricted from representing that the output was human-generated when it is not. You own all content you input into the services. OpenAI may use your inputs, and generated outputs, to maintain its services, develop and improve its services, comply with laws and enforce its policies. Avoid uploading confidential, illegal or infringing content that you wouldn’t want OpenAI having access to or that could get you into trouble. You do have the option of opting out of having your content used for improvements by contacting email@example.com. If you need to upload personal data, you must contact OpenAI and sign a data processing addendum first.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all content that you input or generate do not violate any laws. This means that if you generate content that is illegal or defamatory, you will be responsible for the consequences of that content and not OpenAI. You also indemnify OpenAI against any claims arising from your use of the services. Same or similar content may be created by multiple users. You do not own (and are not responsible for) the same or similar content generated by other users of the services.
- Always acknowledge the AI that assisted you in creating your content.
- Find creative ways to leverage the powerful capabilities of AI.
- Contact OpenAI for assistance if you need to upload confidential company information or process personal data by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don’t feed any content into the AI that may be confidential, illegal or infringing on another’s intellectual property rights.
- Don’t attempt to prompt the AI to create content that may be illegal, offensive or defamatory. For example, don’t try to elicit racist statements or child sexual abuse material.
- Don’t pretend that content created by an AI was created by a human.
Remember: you are responsible for the content you create.
This article was created by a human.