30 Jun Ventures Update
We hosted an ideation bootcamp in May. Thank you to all the Fellows who came through to test and validate their ideas and businesses with us. Here’s to many more!
2022-23 Foundry Fellowship
The Legatum Center for Development & Entrepreneurship at MIT is launching the 2022-23 Foundry Fellowship for innovation-driven entrepreneurs. The Fellowship selects entrepreneurs who have successfully scaled high-impact companies on the African continent.
The Fellowship is a 6-month personal and professional learning experience for accomplished entrepreneurs considering their next role in shaping the future of their local innovation ecosystem in Africa. Fellows will embark on a journey of reflection and exploration, join a community of peers, and partake in the exciting and diverse entrepreneurial resources available at MIT. The program will include immersive experiences in Africa, virtual engagements and culminate in a three-week immersive session at MIT where Fellows will engage with MIT faculty, investors and thought leaders and showcase their own innovation and entrepreneurial acumen.
Foundry Fellowship Eligibility
The Foundry Fellowship is for entrepreneurs who:
- Have founded and scaled for-profit innovation-driven companies on the African continent;
- Have a demonstrated interest in supporting entrepreneurship ecosystems on the African continent;
- Are at an inflection point in their entrepreneurial journey having exited their company and are considering expanded leadership roles as ecosystem builders;
- Are prepared to dedicate time and space for their own self-discovery and leadership development to achieve the next milestone;
- Are able to participate in regular online sessions and cohort activities, from September 2022 through May 2023 (note: additional time is required for readings and exercises); and,
- Are able to commit to in-person immersive sessions in Africa and the U.S.
Founders from the same company may apply, but each founder must complete a unique application. Each founder will be considered independent of a co-founder.
MIT alumni and current degree candidates are welcome to apply.
Foundry Fellowship Program
The Foundry Fellowship program content is centred on the themes of entrepreneurial leadership development and building entrepreneur-led ecosystems. Content is delivered during in-person immersive experiences and online sessions. The interactive curriculum is designed to:
- Increase Fellows’ leadership acumen by reflecting on their accomplishments and learning new frameworks;
- Create a cohort-based experiential learning journey where Fellows explore new roles as ecosystem builders;
- Exchange practical knowledge with MIT faculty and students; and,
Engage in multi-stakeholder networking opportunities through immersion programs in African and U.S. cities.
Application Submission Date – 8 July 2022
For more information, please go to The Legatum Center at MIT – Legatum Foundry Fellowship